· The band circle must have a radius of four meters.
· The judges’ circle must have a radius of seven meters.
· Both competition circles must be concentric.
· The start line must be fourteen meters from the centre of the competition circles, eight meters long, and must be perpendicular and symmetrically even with the fourteen-meter distance measured from the center of the competition circles.
· There must be a minimum distance of three meters between the judges’ circle and the spectator boundary.
· There must be a minimum distance of eight meters between the start line and the spectator boundary.
· The entire competition arena must be cordoned off.
The following diagram summarises the pipe band competition arena requirements:
Definition agreed: December 20th, 2003