The Drum Major competition arena must be
- a rectangle of at least 30 x 20 meters. If the arena must be enlarged due to a large number of competitors, the 3:2 ratio must be respected.
- The start line will be one of the shorter sides of the rectangle.
- The pipe band playing for the competition must do so outside the competition arena, at a minimum distance of three meters from the starting line.
- There must be a distance of three meters between the arena and the spectator boundary.
- The entire arena (including the space for the pipe band) must be cordoned off.
The following diagram summarises the Drum Major competition arena dimensions:
Definition agreed: December 20th, 2003