This competition category is inspired in the genre formed by the three-corps pipe bands, where the pipers and drummers play for their dance corps in an ensemble; for entertaining an audience with their dexterity, choreography and synchronization.
The competition requirements are as follows:
- Corps minimum size: in accordance with the definition of a Dance Corps.
- Dances and/or choreography: based on Highland Dancing or National Dancing (not Country Dancing).
- Performance duration: at least 2 minutes, though not more than 4 minutes
- Music source: live standard-size pipe band.
- Music types: Marches, Strathspeys, Reels, Hornpipes, Jigs, slow airs/marches, piobaireachd, polkas and waltzes
- Order of play:
- Same order as for pipe bands.
- A dance corp that is not associated to a pipe band should be drawn as if it were a pipe band.
- Dress code:
- per Events > General > Dress Code
- jewelry, accessories and medals are not to be worn.
Revised: July 19th 2015 (max performance duration).
Revised: May 26th 2015 (Music types: added
slow airs/marches, piobaireachd, polkas and waltzes)
Revised: May 17th 2015
Agreed: March 18th, 2010