- Timing and ensemble: dancers must place feet, arms and head in precise positions in accordance with the music (a tempo)
- Technique and rudiments: dancers' footwork and the coordination of head, arms and hands.
- Synchronization: the dance corps's precision of movement in unison, one with the other as a team, and the accuracy of the figures.
Pipe band: not adjudicated in this competition category
- General deportment: dancers' ability to capture the spirit and motif of the dance, and the use of the music's structure
- Choreography: the creative skill of composing a routine that combines artistic and technical elements.
Notes: The adjudication shall commence with the first beat of the first bar, and shall cease on the last beat of the last bar of the dance.
Revised May 17th 2015
Agreed: March 18th, 2010