Agreed: December 20th, 2003
- Application: Eligible pipe bands can apply for membership only once every 12 months.
- Acceptance: Membership of new pipe bands must be accepted by at least 60% of the SPBASA's Executive Committee.
- Focus: Membership applies only for piping (Great Highland Bagpipe) and pipe band drumming topics. No time or effort must be allocated to any other activity.
- Member registration: SPBASA member pipe band will be required to provide a complete list of fully equipped active pipers and drummers on a yearly basis (during December).
- Number of fully equipped active performers: Should a member pipe band's number of pipers and drummers ever fall below SPBASA's membership eligibility minimum number of fully equipped active performers, it will lose SPBASA voting rights while still retaining all other rights and obligations. Member pipe bands will remain in this condition until they achieve SPBASA's required minimum pipe band size.
1st Amendment: November 11th, 2009